IGI Global Launches New Website and Database Platform
Amigos members can now take advantage of a new website and XML-powered platform for its electronic resources at www.igi-global.com.
The website now features a site-wide bookstore search that can be used to quickly locate IGI Global titles, which are organized in 10 subject areas to facilitate accurate searching and recommendations. A new "IGI Recommends" feature suggests complimentary titles that may be of interest. Other features available on the new website include:
- Flip through and view IGI Global catalogs in 3D format
- Read FREE book chapters and inaugural journal issues
- Qualified professionals may request a 60-day course adoption e-book
- Personalized account where title searches can be saved for future reference
- Recommend titles to your librarian and/or colleague with or without a personal message
- Persistent URLs for institution-level e-book and e-journal purchases
- Article-level DOI integration with CrossRef
- Article-level purchase options with InfoSci-On-Demand (Pay-Per-View)
- Bundles of articles can be purchased for economical access to cutting-edge STM research
Featuring technological advancements such as CrossRef, COUNTER compliant statistics, and a single personalized gateway, IGI Global’s new e-resources platform was launched in October and is assisting users with fully utilizing IGI Global’s cutting-edge information and computer science applied technology research.
The XML-powered research content enables full-text searching and ranking system, enhanced search options, scaffolding to display the search pattern, and several options to refine your search with filtering. Current persistent URLs and MARC records have resolved over to the new platform and new and current subscribers are now able to utilize standard linking features using DOIs through a librarian administration corner.
For more information about all IGI Global e-resources, visit www.igi-global.com/eresources