Trans-Amigos Express - Packaging Requirements
Nylon mail bags are provided by Amigos Library Services and are strongly recommended for use through the courier. Please go to the Mail Bags Web Page to view instructions, FAQ, and tips about our mail bags. Amigos also recommends using jiffy bags or other padded envelopes to protect materials.
- Materials sent via TAE should be packaged to ensure the safe delivery and return of books and other materials.
- Fragile items, such as CDs and DVDs, should be boxed before being placed in a mail bag
Amigos Library Services provides reimbursement for items damaged in transit to the TAE region (AR, NM, OK, and TX). Damaged items should be reported immediately by the lending library to the TAE office at firstname.lastname@example.org. See details below for items shipped in KS or MO. No "insurance" is available for packages sent through the TAE courier service, therefore expensive or non-replaceable items should NOT be sent through the courier service.
To request reimbursement:
- Lending library should email email@example.com and provide information concerning
- Title of the item
- Ship to information
- Description of the damage, along with pictures of the damaged item
- An invoice can be included with the report and should be addressed to Amigos Library Services and include a mailing address for the library.
Items lost in the TAE region (AR, NM, OK, and TX)
- Lost items should be reported online using the library’s own participant page to capture the needed information, including the barcode on the mail bag
- Please note: the courier bag barcode is required for reimbursement, as it is used to assist in tracking the last location of the bag
- Please allow 90 days after a lost claim has been filed before sending an invoice to Amigos. The invoice should be addressed to Amigos Library Services and should include the mailing address for the library.
Items shipped to Kansas or Missouri
Items going to KS or MO libraries are not trackable by the courier company and fall under the Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States which states that the requesting/borrowing library will be responsible for the replacement costs of items lost or damaged.
Requesting/borrowing libraries are responsible for items from the time they are shipped by the lending library until the lending library receives them upon return in accordance with the Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States.
Number and weight of packages
TAE is a closed system, meaning that deliveries are made to participating locations ONLY and participating partner libraries. Your library is not limited by the number or cumulative weight of packages.
- If you have a sizably larger than normal shipment to make at one time, please contact Amigos Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org so that the courier can make arrangements prior to pick-up
- Please note: there is a weight limit of 50 lbs. for any one package
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact the TAE office at 972-340-2827, 972-340-2830, or email@example.com.